The Seminole Organic Garden was founded in 2014 by a group of students. The garden consists of multiple raised beds and covers over 850 square feet of space. Whole garden beds can be rented to an organization or beds can be divided up into parcels for individual gardeners who aren’t affiliated with a group.
Garden Coordinator Duties:
- Teach gardeners about growing food, soil, pesticides, watering, etc.
- Hold work parties for gardeners to drop in and work or ask questions
- Market garden beds for rental and engage students, student groups, and faculty in renting a plot
- Upkeep the main areas of the garden, including beds, paths, food forest, and tools
- Purchase seeds and any needed items for the garden
- Hold at least 2 larger events in the garden a year
- Experience as a gardener or farmer
- Knowledge of growing plants, soil, compost, watering, and other techniques integral to gardening
- Enthusiasm and passion for environmental and social sustainability
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, and accept constructive feedback
- Strong computer skills and ability to use Google Drive, calendar, Outlook, and Microsoft applications
- Comfortable talking to large groups and presenting in front of classes or at events
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of social media and how to use it
If this sounds like you, please send a two paragraph statement of interest and your resume to Sustainable Campus Program Coordinator, Jamie Valentine, at email@example.com.