How do I request a hydration station?
Sustainable Campus and Facilities have developed a more streamlined process for installing hydration stations around campus. Funding is available to support requests from departments seeking to upgrade their equipment. Please note, there are numerous water fountain models throughout campus and not all current types can be replaced with a hydration station.
- Currently available only for E&G funded departments
- Ability to support requests depends on the availability of funding. If funding is unavailable, a waiting list will be created.
- Costs (equipment and labor) will be split 50-50 between the Green Fund and the requesting department
- New installations are dependent on the system currently in place (and how it is attached to or set into the wall)
- Requests can only be made for units in high-traffic, easily accessible locations open to all building occupants
- Hydration stations will be set at an ADA-compliant height
Program costs (dependent on replacement needs of current unit):
- Retrofit kit, $425 cost to department
- Single full-unit replacement, $1,300 cost to department
- Hi-lo full-unit replacement, $1,600 cost to department
If your department is interested in installing a hydration station, please email a photo of the current unit and a description of its location to Elizabeth Swiman (firstname.lastname@example.org).