Florida State University’s Sustainable Campus offers guest lectures on many sustainability topics. These presentations are available for:
- Instructors requesting class presentations or guest lectures;
- FSU and community organizations requesting speakers for student/community meetings on sustainability-related topics; and
- FSU faculty and/or staff requesting Sustainable Campus staff presentations at retreats, staff meetings, or other events.
All requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the presentation. Guest lectures and presentations are offered based on availability of the office's full-time staff members. We will respond via email within 2 business days of your request to discuss details of the guest lecture or presentation.
Please complete the form below to formally request a guest speaker from Sustainable Campus. We can customize guest lectures or presentations to meet your needs, including online/remote lectures.
Past class presentations have covered:
- Basic concepts of sustainability
- Models of sustainability (UN Sustainable Development Goals, Venn Diagram Model, Donut Model, Three Dependencies Model)
- Environmental justice and sustainability’s connection to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- FSU sustainability strategic and operational initiatives (subject to availability of operational partners and subject experts)
- Climate Action
- Waste Minimization
- Resource Stewardship
- Education for Sustainability
- Student sustainability leadership and opportunities to get involved
- Extracurricular and volunteering opportunities
- Research and professional development opportunities
- Student funding for projects through the Green Fund