Florida State University’s Sustainable Campus works to educate and engage students, staff, and faculty to set an example of campus sustainability and position FSU as a leader of environmental and social action.
Our educational efforts, community outreach, and programs work alongside the greater campus efforts and operations to provide everyone with the ability to develop, apply, and practice sustainability. Our efforts seek to conserve resources at FSU and strengthen the positive impact our university leaves upon the local and global environment for generations to come.
Who we are:
- We are diverse, enthusiastic learners who care about all things sustainability.
- We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
- We are a friendly team and value relationships.
Sustainability Engagement & Outreach Program Coordinator
- Coordinate Sustainable Campus student outreach engagement programs.
- Supervises related student program staff, interns, and volunteers. Advises related student organizations.
- Coordinates the delivery of sustainability curriculum and executes the overall programmatic function of Sustainable Campus.
- Tracks and evaluates program goals and effectiveness.
- Coordinates additional educational and outreach opportunities and events with campus partners.
- Facilitates and teaches sustainability colloquiums, workshops, and forums.
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience in sustainability outreach and education.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, and conduct workshops and programs.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and methodology.
Visit the FSU HR site, Job #50491
Application window is open through 12/15/2021; interviews to begin early January
Stand out in the sustainability career field: earn badges to recognize curricular and co-curricular sustainable engagement.