Thank you for your interest in working with Sustainable Campus! Florida State University’s Sustainable Campus works to educate and engage students, staff, and faculty to set an example of campus sustainability and position FSU as a leader of environmental and social action.
Our educational efforts, community outreach, and programs work alongside the greater campus efforts and operations to provide everyone with the ability to develop, apply, and practice sustainability. Our efforts seek to conserve resources at FSU and strengthen the positive impact our university leaves upon the local and global environment for generations to come.
Who we are:
- We are diverse, enthusiastic learners who care about all things sustainability.
- We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
- We are a friendly team and value relationships.
Please see descriptions of our current openings below.
Sustainability Outreach and Engagement Coordinator (JOB ID 56045):
This position will assist in the development and implementation of sustainability outreach programs at Florida State University. The Program Coordinator will provide direct support to the Director of Campus Sustainability, serve as the primary contact for sustainability programs that engage students in sustainable behaviors to establish a culture of sustainability across the campus community, and provides educational outreach to the campus community regarding sustainability programs and initiatives. Qualified applicants should have the ability to communicate effectively, build and maintain effective working relationships, and have experience specific to sustainability programming.
- Responsible for coordinating Sustainable Campus student outreach engagement programs.
- Supervises related student program staff, interns, and volunteers and oversees the duties and responsibilities of each student-led program. Advises related student organizations.
- Coordinates the delivery of sustainability curriculum and executes the overall programmatic function of Sustainable Campus. Tracks and evaluates program goals and effectiveness.
- Teaches Engage 100 course related to sustainability.
- Coordinates additional educational and outreach opportunities and events with campus partners. Facilitates and teaches sustainability colloquiums, workshops, and forums.
- Supports programmatic fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in sustainability-related programming experience. Master’s preferred (enables teaching of sustainability course).
- 2+ years of sustainability-related programming experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing student volunteers and supervision.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of event planning and ability to coordinate, organize, and evaluate meetings and/or events.
- Knowledge of data tracking and assessment tools.
- Ability to train and supervise employees.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, and conduct workshops.
Visit the FSU Careers website, enter Job ID 56045
- This is an A& P position.
- Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume. - This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
Stand out in the sustainability career field: earn badges to recognize curricular and co-curricular sustainable engagement.