Green Fund proposal Criteria
- The Green Fund is available to current students, faculty, and staff at Florida State University.
- Projects funded through the Green Fund must help support efficiency, conservation, and sustainability-related projects (water, energy, waste, alternative transportation, food) that reduce FSU’s energy costs, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and waste.
- Proposals should include details on how project success will be quantified and how each project contributes to student learning.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Before submitting this application, you MUST email your Intent to Apply with a short abstract to email@example.com. The abstract should briefly summarize your project. Applications are open for FSU students and departments.
- Email your Intent to Apply with the short abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name
- FSU Email Address
- Department or Major
- Abstract: brief description of your project idea
- Which of these does it address and how (it can be more than one):
- Once the project idea's intent has been reviewed, we will follow up for clarification and further detail. If approved to move forward, fill out the full application. Please email completed application packets to email@example.com.
- These sections of the application link below MUST be completed IN FULL:
- Project management team member details and contact information
- Project advisor name (must be an FSU faculty or staff member), statement of support, and contact information
- Description of benefits to students/learning outcomes
- Detailed project description and timeline
- Budget outline and long-term project maintenance costs
- Statement of understanding signed by all participating group members
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Sustainable Campus office and appropriate campus partners.
- Your Project Lead will be notified if your project has been funded.
- The Green Fund will not cover food, t-shirts, or hydration stations
- Upon approval, departments are responsible for purchasing supplies upfront and submitting receipts to the Sustainable Campus Director, Elizabeth Swiman for reimbursement. Note: only items on the approved project budget request will be reimbursed.
- Projects should include the Green Fund logo or state, "project supported by the FSU Green Fund"
- Only available for on-campus projects
- Please visit the on-campus Grainger store for quotes regarding hardware supplies, as they are our preferred campus vendor.
- When requesting quotes for products, be clear and upfront that the initial contact is ONLY a request for information.
- Project proposals over $5,000 may have to consider cost-sharing between the Green Fund and a supporting department.