About Chuck It for Charity
Chuck It for Charity is an annual partnership between Sustainable Campus and University Housing to collect all the “stuff” that is usually left behind during student move-out after the Spring semester. The material is weighed, sorted, and redistributed to Tallahassee community agencies in support of their work and the people they help.
Chuck It for Charity 2023
This year, Chuck It for Charity will be accepting donations at convenient locations around FSU's campus. Give your unwanted items a second life by dropping them off to Sustainable Campus staff and volunteers at the Chuck It for Charity tents! Please be sure to check out the list of accepted items to make sure we'll be able to accept your donation.
2023 drop offs will occur at the locations highlighted on the map on May 3rd-5th from 10am-3pm and May 6th from 8am-12pm. To view a larger version of the map visit this link.
Where can I donate?
Blue collection bins: Located in convenient drop-off locations around campus! View their locations here.
I live off campus - where can I drop off my donations?
- Big Brother Big Sisters of the Big Bend
- Locate the bins found across Tallahassee (NO furniture or appliances), here.
- Brehon Family Services
- Donations can be dropped off at 1315 Linda Ann Drive on the front porch.
- Furniture Bank of Tallahassee
- Furniture items needed: beds, dressers, sofas, dining tables, basic cookware and tableware
- They do not accept electronics, and information for a donation appointment can be found on their website, as well as a list of most needed donations.
- There are multiple Goodwill locations around Tallahassee that accept various donations, find the closest location to you at their website.
- Additionally, Goodwill has an electronics store on Monroe Street for electronics donations.
What can be donated?
|Category||Items that can be donated!|
|Books||Textbooks, novels, magazines|
Clothing, shoes (tie or tape them together), costumes, bags, hangers.
|Toiletries||UNOPENED shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, soap/body wash, lotion, tissues, toilet paper.|
|School supplies||Paper, pens/pencils/markers, folders/binders, lab supplies, poster boards, art supplies, cork/dry erase boards.|
|Cleaning supplies||OK if opened - Mops, brooms, vacuums, cleaning solutions, wipes, paper towels, sponges.|
Sheets, pillows, towels.
NO egg crates or foam mattress toppers
|Food||UNOPENED food, canned goods, bottled water, paper/plastic products, utensils.|
|Electronics||Printers, alarm clocks, batteries, radios, light bulbs|
|Room decor||Small appliances, plastic storage bins, rugs, desk/floor lamps, mirrors, baskets, shelves/bookcases, frames.|
|Bicycles / bicycle gear||Please email us at email@example.com to donate.|