Florida State University’s Sustainable Campus works to educate and engage students, staff, and faculty to set an example of campus sustainability and position FSU as a leader of environmental and social action.
Our educational efforts, community outreach, and programs work alongside the greater campus efforts and operations to provide everyone with the ability to develop, apply, and practice sustainability. Our efforts seek to conserve resources at FSU and strengthen the positive impact our university leaves upon the local and global environment for generations to come.
Who we are:
- We are diverse, enthusiastic learners who care about all things sustainability.
- We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
- We are a friendly team and value relationships.
Sustainability Operations Coordinator
This position is housed in the Campus Sustainability department at Florida State University (www.sustainablecampus.fsu.edu) and works to foster a culture of sustainability through waste minimization, climate action, and resource stewardship across campus. This position is a key contributor to FSU's progress in meeting its sustainability goals.
- Plans and implements sustainability-related programs and initiatives in partnership with operational units. Oversees Green Office Certification program, office supply reuse room, and Chuck it for Charity student moveout logistics. Provides programmatic support for campus waste minimization efforts, including recycling and surplus. Researches developments in the waste management, recycling, and surplus industries to identify best practices and recommends appropriate applications. Supports the Waste Management Director in the development of standards and plans for waste minimization initiatives.
- Serves as a resource to campus partners to promote participation in sustainability programs. Assists with the department's institutional sustainability benchmarking, assessment, and reporting portfolio, including AASHE STARS and GHG inventory. Coordinates centralized collection and maintenance of campus waste data.
- Provides direct support to the Campus Sustainability and Facilities directors by coordinating special projects. Responsible for tracking waste management and recycling assets. Responsible for planning logistics of the Chuck it for Charity student moveout program.
- Assists Waste Management staff in collection routes to gain knowledge of program service areas and processes as needed. Represents Campus Sustainability on various committees and at events in support of shared initiatives. May supervise OPS staff as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience related to the duties of this position; Master’s preferred.
- Experience in waste management, waste reduction, or recycling.
- Excellent customer service skills & ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- A valid State of Florida or Georgia driver's license or the ability to obtain.
To apply, please visit the FSU HR site and search for job ID# 46607. This position closes on 11/25/2019.