Florida State University’s Sustainable Campus works to educate and engage students, staff, and faculty to set an example of campus sustainability and position FSU as a leader of environmental and social action.
Our educational efforts, community outreach, and programs work alongside the greater campus efforts and operations to provide everyone with the ability to develop, apply, and practice sustainability. Our efforts seek to conserve resources at FSU and strengthen the positive impact our university leaves upon the local and global environment for generations to come.
Who we are:
- We are diverse, enthusiastic learners who care about all things sustainability.
- We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
- We are a friendly team and value relationships.
Current Job Openings:
Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) is accepting applications for a Sustainability Operations Program Coordinator. To apply, please visit hr.fsu.edu #81629
- Fosters a culture of sustainability across all campus operational units. This position is a key contributor to FSU's progress in meeting its sustainability goals.
- Coordinates and implements sustainability-related programs and initiatives in partnership with operational units. Serves as the liaison between the Sustainable Campus and operational units to bridge educational and operational sides to assist in the ongoing development of strategic initiatives, including waste minimization, energy conservation, and resource stewardship. Tracks and evaluates program effectiveness.
- Develops and coordinates sustainability benchmarking and reporting portfolio: AASHE STARS, annual GHG report, water and waste inventories. Researches, recommends, and implements actions to address emerging issues and best practices.
- Provides direct support to the Campus Sustainability and Facilities directors by coordinating special projects.
Please note, this is not a student engagement related position. Successful candidates should have strong interpersonal and analytical skills, will be working with multiple partners across the institution, and should have hands-on experience in waste management and/or energy best practices.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience related to this position; or a high school diploma/equivalency and six years of experience related to the duties of this position.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge or experience in operations-based sustainability programs.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and evaluate meetings and/or events.
- Knowledge of the concept, principles and practices of management.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word), and basic computer functions.
- Ability to gather, interpret, report, and/or edit information.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- A valid State of Florida or Georgia driver's license or the ability to obtain upon hire.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position. Salary is commensurate with experience.