About: Learn how to grow your own food! The Garden is a shared space amongst organizations and individuals across campus, and it serves as a peaceful outlet for those who want to take a break from their schedule. The Seminole Organic Garden is a great place to lessen your stress while learning about the benefits of gardening. Growing your own food using sustainable methods lowers your carbon footprint significantly, and you get to eat healthy, organic produce! The garden isn’t just food, though; Sustainable Campus strives to incorporate native and pollinator plant species that promote the health of our pollinator and insect populations, all the way up the food chain! Gardening experience serves students far beyond their time at FSU, and proves for many to be an outstandingly rewarding hobby.
How to Get Involved: Students and staff can get involved by coming to our Garden Work Hours. Please fill out this interest form. Once you fill it out, please allow Sustainable Campus time to review it and reach out.
Want to rent a garden bed? Individuals, groups, or organizations can rent! To rent a garden bed, visit apps.its.fsu.edu/GardenRental/app/.
Social Media: Find updates for the Seminole Organic Garden on the FSU Sustainable Campus Instagram page!
Code of Conduct
- Use organic seeds, soil, and plants
- Be courteous to other gardener
- Ensure that your bed is neat and well maintained
- Stay up to date on garden events and happenings at the garden
- Maintain communication with the Garden Manager
- Use synthetic fertilizers and pesticides
- Be afraid to ask questions and communicate with other gardeners and the garden manager
- Litter, or leave debris on the ground
- Hijack or disrupt other users beds